The Korean War- overview
Hello everyone, my name is Beatriz Costa!
I hope you are all doing great during these very difficult times!
Before I give my honest opinion about his subject I`m going to summarise this event by the most import things that were said and done.
Resume:The Korean war began on June 25, 1950, when some 75,000 soldiers from the North Korean People’s Army poured across the 38th parallel, the boundary between the Soviet-backed Democratic People’s Republic of Korea to the north and the pro-Western Republic of Korea to the south. This invasion was the first military action of the Cold War. By July, American troops had entered the war on South Korea’s behalf. As far as American officials were concerned, it was a war against the forces of international communism itself. After some early back-and-forth across the 38th parallel, the fighting stalled and casualties mounted with nothing to show for them. Meanwhile, American officials worked anxiously to fashion some sort of armistice with the North Koreans. The alternative, they feared, would be a wider war with Russia and China–or even, as some warned, World War III. Finally, in July 1953, the Korean War came to an end. In all, some 5 million soldiers and civilians lost their lives in what many in the U.S. refer to as “the Forgotten War” for the lack of attention it received compared to more well-known conflicts like World War I and II and the Vietnam War. The Korean peninsula is still divided today.
Now that we know a little bit more about this matter I´m going to give you an interesting fact.
- Did you know that this war didn´t get a lot of media atention, weird right! Well in my opinion they didn´t get media atention because they didn´t want it and because this war was only based on power and pride of the Liders .
In my opinion this War was completey unnecessary because the only thing that was separating them was the 38TH PARRALLEL,which is an imaginary line between South Korean and North Korean causing them an interligation even if they didn´t want, there was no need to cause so many deaths of innocent people and brave warriors because of a matter of pride and lack of communication.
I sincerely believe that this could have been resolved by a calm and respectfull conversation between both Liders, giving them both a fair chance to express their beliefs and their opinions.
I would love to read about your judjment on this topic!!
See you next time!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War
https://www.history.com/topics/korea/korean-war


Comments
Post a Comment